Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Adventures of a Stay at Home Mom....

Here are some of my random thoughts and conversations from throughout my days as a Stay-At-Home-Mom:
Some I say out loud, some I just think...

"COLE DAVIS WIGTON". I say his full name at least 20 times a day. Caroline refers to him as Cole Davis 80% of the time.
"Caroline, PUT HIM DOWN! NOW. He is not your baby doll."  Ummm, at least 7 times a day.
"Cole, Please just watch a movie for 10 minutes. Just 10 minutes."
"I have to cook dinner again? I just cooked dinner yesterday."
"COLE DAVIS! Do NOT put colored pencils down the air vent AGAIN."
"Cole, get off the dog. Cole, you cannot ride on the dogs."
"No, Santa Claus is not here. No, he's not coming later. Yes, Santa eats pancakes and bologna. Yes, we can leave french toast sticks instead of cookies for Santa. No, he's not here. No, he's not coming today." Repeat-Repeat-Repeat. She's very interested in Santa right now. :o)
"Yes, daddy is at work again. No, daddy is not working just so he can buy you Eugene (the boy "Flynn" in Tangled).
"Do you really need to carry all 20 baby dolls into every single room you move to?" Yes, she does . So Cole doesn't touch them.
"Y'all need a snack again???"
"Are you sure you don't want to take a nap today??"
"Cole, stop flushing the toilets." He costs us at least $2 a day in water from flushing toilets. I try to keep the doors closed, but with 4 bathrooms and  a 3 year old in and out of the bathroom all day, it's hard.
"Cole, leave the dog's water bowl alone. Do not dump it out again. COLE!"
"Cole, it's not nice to turn off the TV. Cole, stop pushing buttons."
"Cole, stop dialing numbers on the phone." Yes, I know, we apparently need to put gates up around EVERYTHING in this house.

I'm totally not complaining one bit. I LOVE being home with them. It's all quite humorous actually. Cole and Caroline LOVE each other so much, but are the complete opposites, so they bump heads frequently. He LOVES to annoy her and she gets mad and pushes him to the ground. Ahhhh, the joys of siblings. And the joys of being home all. day. long. with them!!




2 comments:

The Laney Family said...

this just made my day! ahhh... a day in the life! haha

hughesfamily said...

I love the one about Caroline carrying him. He is not your baby doll. Haha.