He has his 18 month checkup on Tuesday. I weighed him on our scale yesterday and he was 23.5 pounds. He's a little guy. I'm sure he burns 1,000 calories an hour running circles around this house.
He is a pretty good eater. He's not picky at all, but doesn't always finish his plate like he has in the past. His favorite breakfast is waffles. I finally introduced syrup to him and of course he loves it! Who doesn't? I also have started giving him Chocolate Milk (Nesquik powder added to the milk). He had gotten to the point where he wasn't drinking near as much milk as he had been, so I added chocolate to it and now he chugs it. For lunch, he enjoys PBJ or turkey sandwiches. Both kids LOVE fruit, so he will eat that with every meal.
His favorite snack right now is fruit snacks "nack nacks".
He loves ice. He will stand at fridge and shout for "I, I" (ice) and loves some crushed ice.
Cole sleeps from 7pm until about 7:30am. He's an awesome sleeper. He still takes 2 naps most days, but does okay if he's forced into only one nap.
He loves to irritate his big sis and she dishes it right back. They seem to fight a lot more than they did even a month ago. Of course they love each other like crazy, though.
He can climb up and down the steps very well. It's impressive how he just turns that little body and flies down the steps. It's scary considering we have 1,000 steps in this house and they are solid wood. So, the baby gates are usually in place to keep the kids on the main level. He enjoys standing at the top of the steps on the main level and throwing random things down the steps toward the basement. It's amazing how much stuff we have to pick up throughout the day that are down on the steps.
He is still taking a pacifier and I don't foresee us getting rid of that anytime too soon. He is also obsessed with his blanket, but when I pick him up in the morning or after a nap he will throw his blanket and paci back into the crib. He usually only has a paci during the day if he's super crabby and mommy can't handle it or if we're in the car and he's really tired.
Cole still won't just chill and watch a movie. He enjoys a little Cedarmont Kids like Caroline did (does), but he will only watch it for 2-3 minutes before he's off doing something else. He loves to get into the kitchen cabinets/drawers and pull out random utensils. He plays in the play kitchen often and likes to push things around the house. He loves to play outside in the Cozy Coupe and other push toys. The Cozy Coupe was probably one of the best purchases we've made. That is the little red car with a yellow roof.
His newest obsession is feeding the dogs. He does a really good job carrying the measuring cup of food to the bowls and dropping it in. We have to watch him b/c he will then quickly take the food out of their bowls and drop it in the water, because water is apparently the most fun thing in the entire world (to both of our kids).
He is not currently in a preschool or Mother's Day Out program, but will hopefully attend a 2 year old preschool/MDO program next year.
He has a pretty big vocabulary. His favorite word of all is "Momma", of course! :o). I need to create a list of all the words he can say, but i'd say it's around 30 words. Maybe more.
If you just look at Cole, he smiles. He is such a joy to us and certainly knows how to keep us on our toes. His smile is so infectious and he is most definitely a Momma's Boy. I wouldn't want it any other way.
I wish I could edit these photos, but I just don't know how. But here are a few cute ones...
We love you, Cole!!! You light up our days with so much joy and your energy is contagious (exhausting?)!
No comments:
Post a Comment