Sunday, November 27, 2011

Woo-Hoo!! Big Girl!!

I have lots to blog about over the next day or so, but will start with this...

I began potty training Caroline over the summer and it went really well. But after about a week she regressed and was back in pull-ups or diapers. She has been doing great at preschool everyday and finally last weekend I just started putting her in panties to see what would happen. She has been using the potty for a solid week now! Panties all day! Pull-up at night. Congrats, Big Girl! I really want to put a pic of her in her Dora panties, but I won't!
Any tips on getting her to go in public? That has not happened yet.
Photobucket

1 comment:

hughesfamily said...

Yay Caroline!!!
When I potty trained lily over the summer, I made the public potties exciting, like... Oh! Let's go see the target potty! Wow! There's lily's potty! I know that sounds so obvious but being really excited worked. Then she randomly regressed in August- just in public pottys and would refuse to go. She never had an accident but just waited until we got home. It lasted like a week and them she was fine in public again. So, don't get discouraged if she regresses in public.
Other things that helped: bribes (of course. Haha. Go and get a sucker!). Also, letting her choose which stall and which sink are huge with lily. She never picks the handicapped one so we are crammed in the tiny stall but I works better if I let her pick. Just don't rush her... A few times at first lily would sit on the potty but then get nervous and not go. But it was not a big deal...it lasted a very short time. I think you will be surprised how easily Caroline adapts to public potties.