A friend told me the other day that she loves reading all about Caroline, but would like to know what is going on with us! So, I’m sure ya’ll are dying to know what’s going on with Eric and I.
Not much, but I’ll fill you in a bit.
I have been very busy teaching 2nd grade. I am enjoying my job and have a very smart class. When I’m not at work, I am busy being a mommy and training for a half-marathon. So, I’ve been running about 6 days/week. That keeps me pretty busy!! I'm running the half in Nashvill in April with my dad! I am currently the president of JCRMA (which is the organization for medical residents’ wives. A.K.A. the “drs wives group”. It’s an awesome organization that mainly just supports each other during this busy time in our husbands lives. We have many events each month (bunco, girls nights out at restaurants or painting pottery, etc). I have made soooo many wonderful friends through this group and I love being a part of it.
Eric is very busy in his 3rd year of residency. He is doing more surgeries this year and is really enjoying that. He is getting ready to start a rotation on Ocular Plastics. He will decide by this summer if he will continue on with a fellowship after residency. We'll keep you posted on that! He is going to Philadelphia at the end of the month for the Wills Eye Review course (for the ophthalmology boards). He also got chosen to be a resident representative to go to Washington, D.C. in April to lobby for health care issues (mainly Ophthalmology concerns). He stays busy in the evenings with reading and Caroline. I am proud of him. He does a great job of balancing doctor, daddy, and husband.
Life is great and we know that we are blessed to have each other, a healthy daughter, a very supportive family, jobs that make us happy (most of the time),and a nice place to live.
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment