Thursday, May 17, 2012

Top 5 Places I'd Like to Bring to Edwardsville...

Besides all the friends we've made, of course.

1. Super Target. I've been told that Edwardsville has added groceries to their Target, but I'm sure it won't compare to the awesomeness as this below picture...


2. Taziki's. I. love. Tazikis. Especially their Friday Special. I am really, really going to miss it!

And while we're talking about food....

3. Jim N' Nicks. Oh. My. We will for sure miss us some Southern BBQ. Nothing will compare to Jim N' Nicks. We better go there one more time before we move...


4. Brookwood Forest Elementary. Words cannot describe how much this school has meant to me over the past five years. If I could pick up this school and district I would work forever. Maybe. But since I can't, I will enjoy being a Full Time Mommy and Wife!


5. Publix. I know it's a grocery store. But, it's so much more. They are the FRIENDLIEST people on Earth! I feel like I'm at Disneyland while shopping. The kids get balloons, cookies, chicken tenders. They get to drive a cart that entertains them the entire time I shop. The friendly people that bag up my food also insist on loading it up in my car. I hear Dierbergs in Edwardsville is fantastic, but I'm going to miss the BOGO deals at Publix and all the smiling faces.

Ok, I have to add a big finale of the MOST PRECIOUS place in Birmingham to me. I will miss it forever as it holds soooo many terrific memories.
4229 Ashwood Cove was such a great house for us. We've outgrown it and it's time to move on, but I have bawled my eyes out all the way to daycare each morning this week thinking about how in two weeks I will leave this driveway for the last time. Change is very hard for me.

This was a sappy post, so I'll end it by saying this: It's time to find new favorite restaurants, favorite shopping experiences, and build new memories in a new home. I just want it documented how much we have LOVED Birmingham. But the #1 most important thing in our lives is our families and we are thrilled beyond belief at the opportunity to be living so close to them. The kids will never remember not having their grandparents in the next town over. And for that, I am very fortunate.

We are blessed.

Thanks, Birmingham for all of our memories that will last a lifetime. Thanks for all the amazing friendships we have made and terrific neighbors that will forever be our friends.

In two weeks, Illinois will become our new home!

No comments: