Friday, March 23, 2012

Loving Spring! Or is it Summer?

We've had Spring in January and February this year (60's and 70's) and now March is in the upper 80's. I'm not complaining, I'm loving it!! What I love most is that the kids can wear shorts and shirts OR dresses. Caroline only likes to wear dresses.
We met some good friends at Chuy's on Sunday night. Cheezing it up by the fountain with Daddy.

I L.O.V.E. the 12 month age with Cole. OMG. He is the sweetest, cuddliest (is that a word?), and most precious thing ever. He LOVES to be held and LOVES his Sissy. Caroline has let us know that we are to refer to her as "Sis".

Love those sweet legs sticking out a pair of shorts.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that Caroline loves her brother. That's an understatement. If he fusses she will go over and put a paci in his mouth, pat his back, "shhhh" him, hug him, or tell me that I need to pick him up.

This is Amy. I'm sure you've met her before. She is our third child. Amy is treated as lovingly as anyone else in this house. According to Caroline, Amy was sad so she let her play with Sophie the Giraffe. Caroline has full blown conversations with Amy and it's hysterical. Amy takes naps in Caroline's bed and nobody is allowed to go in there when she is napipng. We have to be very quiet. I can tell that Caroline will be a babysitter when she grows up (just like Mommy) and that she will be the best mother in the world. She is so nurturing and it just melts my heart.
Now if Cole comes near Amy, that's a whole new ballgame. She will scream and throw a fit if Cole is within 10 feet of Amy. She'll yell for me to "Pick up Cole. Pick up Cole." because she doesn't want Cole to come get Amy.

I'm sure you've seen this nightgown on her in a million different pictures. This is the butterfly nightgown that Mamaw bought her while she was keeping the kids for a few days. Caroline is so obsessed with it that Gigi bought her another one (ladybug) identical to it so I wouldn't have to do as much laundry. Everyday she gets home from school she brings me her nightgown and wants to put it on at 4pm. I'm sure it's soft and we like to get comfortable when we get home from work. I think it's adorable.

Lots more pics from my phone coming soon!

1 comment:

hughesfamily said...

I am so excited to see Amy! I hasn't seen a good picture of her yet. Caroline is so precious. Maybe she will raise lily's kids for her? I can't really see lily being as nurturing. Haha.

Oh, LOVE the house by the way!!!