Friday, March 16, 2012

I Can't Believe Our Baby is 1

One year ago today I was the size of an elephant and wondering when on Earth I was going to have this sweet baby boy. Was that seriously an entire year ago? Time goes by way too fast.
Our time with Cole started off a little patchy. He was a great eater, but a lousy sleeper. He loved mommy so much he wanted her to hold him at 9pm, 11pm, 1am, 2am, 2:30am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am. Then he'd sleep at 6am right when Caroline was waking up for the day. This made for a very exhausted Mommy. He would cat nap during the day and insist on being held all the other waking moments. He hated the carseat and screamed the entire time he was in it. After 2 months of horrible sleep, I took some advice from 2 friends....put that baby on his belly at night. That was the only way he would sleep. So, I did. I slept in the guest bed right next to his bed and on that very first night of putting him on his belly he slept 4 straight hours. I, of course, checked on him every 15 minutes for 3 nights in a row. Finally, he started sleeping through the night at 4 months. He's just like his mommy and can only sleep on belly.

Oh....but what a sweet little boy he is! He is the happiest and sweetest baby boy I've ever met. I'm not biased or anything. :o)

We call him our "Golden Child" as his formula cost as much a month as 2 weeks of daycare! Oh, but we are OFF OF FORMULA now!!! I can't believe it, but Cole is tolerating whole milk just fine!!! HALLELUJAH!

Cole eats 3 big meals a day with little snacks thrown in there. His favorite foods are muffins, pancakes, hot dogs, chicken, cheese, yogurt, bananas, and well...really anything. He's not picky at all. Now that he is drinking milk and not formula, his appetite has increased a lot.
Cole sleeps from 7pm-6:30am. Some nights he's asleep by 6:30. He sometimes takes 1 big nap a day, but still likes 2 naps. He is trying to take steps and will be walking anyday now. He's becoming more attached to his blankie and likes his paci ( a lot). He babbles like crazy and says da-dad. Occasionally he says "mama". He will also say "byebye" and wave. He claps his hands in excitement and smiles ALL THE TIME.
He has his 1 year check up next Thursday. My guesstimate is that he weighs 20 pounds. He's a peanut, but is quite heavy to lug around.
He has moved up to the Young Toddler class at daycare. He'll be in this class until June 1st when I pull the kids out of school to stay home with me! In this class, he sleeps on a cot, not a crib. He sits in a little chair at a table to eat and do activities, not a highchair. He takes 1 nap a day. He eats breakfast, lunch, and 2 snacks in this class. He doesn't love school as much as Caroline does, but I think that's to be expected at his age. He still fusses in the mornings when I leave him. I like to think he stops fussing as soon as I leave.
He is 100% a Momma's boy, although lights up when he sees his daddy! Everyone always told me that little boys love their Mommas. They were right.
Cole, you are the most precious thing in the world (along with your Sissy) and we're excited to watch you grow into a toddler.






No comments: