Sunday, May 15, 2011

Caroline's Sweet Shoppe

I started thinking about Caroline's party a few months ago. I wanted it to be very girly for our super girly-girl. So after looking up some ideas online, I decided to do a "Sweet Shoppe" theme for her party. I worked very hard on this party for a 2 year old that will have no recollection, so I figured I better blog about it, so she'll someday know. (Eventually, I'm going to print this blog out on Blog2Print.com!!).

Let's start with the party favors. Each kid received a little box of sweets, coloring pad, and a toothbrush. Grandpa Wigton will be proud that each child received a toothbrush. I figured with all the sweets at the party, a toothbrush would be a good gift!

A close up!

I made sugar cookies and rolled them into balls. Then I stuck a lollipop stick in the center and flattened them out on the cookie sheet. Once they cooled completely the sticks stayed put and it made little lollipop cookies.

I tried a new recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you need a new recipe, google "The Chewy". It's Alton Brown's recipe from the Food Network and it is very good!!

I bought colored card stock for a few bucks at Michael's and went up to school a few weeks ago to use the die-cut machine to cut out the little flower shapes and letters to make her banner. I traced a bowl lid onto card stock and cut out 21 big circles to be the background of each letter. Yes, this banner took me FOREVER, so I am saving it and reusing this theme for her 5th Birthday party! The little candy pieces are just balloons wrapped in celophane shrink wrap!

My neighbor and friend Jen let me borrow her cupcake stand! I made 30 cupcakes and they didn't turn out near as cute as I envisioned, but oh well. My sister Kaci made me all kinds of little circles and labels for the theme. I just cut out the circles, hot glued them to the back of a lollipop stick to make the cupcake toppers.

The table! I love all the colors.

Up close picture. Colored goldfish crackers, animal crackers, M&M's, chocolates, lollipops

The lollipop cookies all decorated!

Oreo balls (amazing!!), Choc Chip Cookies, and Chocolate Goldfish!

More sweets!!

And finally...THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!! I had her shirt monogrammed by "Decked Out Monogramming" a while ago, so I had my sister make the invitations and labels, etc to match her shirt! Look at that darling smile!!

Mommy and the 2 year old!!!

Lily!! Lily has been Caroline's friend since before they were even born! They are moving this summer and we are very, very sad.

Kristin and Wyatt. Wyatt and Caroline are two days apart. Wyatt's little brother William is one day older than Cole!!

Our neighbors and dear friends Amanda and Ruby!!

Mommy with the Birthday Girl again!! I made sure to get in a few of the pictures since I rarely am in any!

Montana on the left was being such a good friend. She buckled Caroline and Brantley into the wagon and pulled them around the house and outside.

Our first family photo since the hospital!
I LOVE my family!

An up-close of the cupcakes!

Caroline opened her presents after everyone left. She received these adorable sunglasses with a matching hairbow from Brantley and Bricen. So So cute!!

Happy Birthday, Caroline!!! You are such a sweet two year old. I know you'll appreciate the hard work your mommy put into your party someday! :o)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

So cute! Sorry we missed it! I know Lee would've loved all of those sweet treats!

Taylor Stewart Dobbs said...

Katie, I am so impressed. This was the cutest party! I might have to bookmark your page and save it for ideas years down the road :)