Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Bed...

Well, it isn't exactly a new bed. We converted her crib into a toddler bed to get her used to sleeping in one. Then in about a month, we'll put the crib upstairs for Cole and give Caroline her own bed. Eric converted it over at about 6:00 last night and she was climbing in and out of it and kept saying "night night" while playing. At around 7:15 we were in the living room and asked if she wanted to go "night night" and like a good girl, she grabbed our hands and walked herself into her bedroom. She laid down and went straight to sleep! I couldn't believe it!!! UNTIL...
8:15pm- We hear a little commotion on the video monitor and look to see that her legs are half way off the bed. We wait just a little bit and I go in there to put her back in bed.
8:17pm - Crying coming from her room and she is standing up on the ground. I go in and put her back in bed and tuck her in. She looks like she is asleep.
8:19pm- Back out of bed. She said every member's name in our family "Mama, Dada, Bailey, Shiloh, Mamaw, Papa, Gigi, Papa, Baby". It was hysterical.
8:22pm- I rock her to sleep and she's out for the night!

Not too bad. I thought she'd fall out of bed or be up half the night.



UPDATE 1/2/11: Caroline has been such a big girl! She has been going straight to bed and sleeping all night in her bed. In the mornings, she just stands up outside her bed and says "Mama, Dada or Bailey, Shiloh". I guess she thinks the dogs can come rescue her? Anyway, we're proud of her.

No comments: