Thursday, January 13, 2011

Finally Some Pictures!!

I know I've said it one hundred times, but Caroline is obsessed with our dogs. She hugs them (and even tries to go for rides on them) all the time!

I attempted her first pony tail. She was not cooperative (she'd rather play in mommy and daddy's empy bathtub), so it's more like a side pony tail. It was cute for about 2 minutes until it became a tangled mess.

Caroline absolutely adores this monkey from her GG Davis. It has magnets in its arms and legs, so she enjoys making its hands clap and wrapping its feet around things. She carries it around and calls it "Baby".

Caroline has started sleeping with a baby doll at night. I never really wanted her to have "toys" in bed, but we figured a baby counts as like a "lovey" and since she was never attached to a lovey, I think it's okay if she sleeps with a baby doll. Kind of cute, actually.

Bailey and Shiloh tend to hang out wherever Caroline is. So, it's only fitting that Bailey is hanging out next to the bathtub. Caroline likes to remind us which dog is which. Here, she is pointing and telling us that it is "Baaaaaaaailey".

Can you tell we're still teething? This hung out of her mouth for a good minute before she moved on to the next thing. I know how gross it is for a bath toy to be in her mouth, so I assure you that I wash them often.

The absolute cutest and funniest thing that she has been doing (since yesterday) is to put both hands over her face, remove her hands, and say "Boo". Her point is to scare you. So, of course we have to jump and pretend she scared us to death. She cracks up laughing and repeats it over and over. She's played peek-a-boo for a while now, but this is just a much cuter version.

She can officially point and show you where her head, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, cheek, chin, belly, hands, butt, and feet are. Well, now she can show you where her teeth are and her most favorite body part of all: her tongue!!

Today I decided it would be fun to write down all the words she can say. It's hard to just write them down and I won't bore you with what they are, but Caroline has over 40 words in her vocabulary. Pretty good, I'd say. I keep remembering other words that she can say, so it could be more than that.

I have to share another cute story. I picked her up at daycare today and when I walked into the room all I could see were her two teachers standing up, singing and dancing. I turn the corner and see several kids just staring at them like they were insane. I turned the corner a little more to see where Caroline was and she was dancing, clapping her hands, and laughing hysterically. I was so proud that my daughter was participating with the teachers. I'm sure she's the teacher's pet. Don't you think?

Oh!! We (she) are no longer a good shopper. I always could brag and say that Caroline LOVED going to Publix or Target and would just sit and people-watch. Well, my friends; no more. She sits in the cart and says "down" repeatedly. Same thing in a restaurant. She is way too busy to just sit still anymore. In conclusion, Eric and I will officially never eat out again. Good thing we have lots of places close by to get carry-out.

No comments: