The whole week leading up to the marathon Nashville had severe weather warnings. We were concerned about running in hail, strong winds, even tornadoes. We woke up at 4:45 Saturday morning to head downtown and the weather was calm.
The race was great. My dad and I both completed 13.1 miles! It didn't start raining until after we both crossed the finish line! But, it started pouring buckets. We had to wait in the most chaotic, unorganized line in the world to get onto the shuttle back to Opryland. Needless to say we were soaked by the time we got back to the hotel, but were very thankful that the entire run was dry!
While we were running, Caroline and Gigi had a great time hanging out. They went to Cracker Barrel and split an Oatmeal breakfast. Mom said that Caroline literally ate half of her entire breakfast (bowl of oatmeal, blueberry muffin, and bananas). That girl can put some food away into that little buddha belly!
We spent the rest of the weekend at the Opry Mills mall. We had a great weekend in Nashville!! Here are a few pictures:







1 comment:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I was checking the blog to see if you had race pictures! That is AWESOME!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! You look great in your racing clothes! And...Caroline is precious, like always.
I am glad it went well (except for the rain. Ugh).
Post a Comment