Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gigi and Papa....

We had a great visit with my parents this past week. They hadn't seen us since Christmas Day. That's a long time when we have a baby that changes pretty much daily. Caroline didn't even blink an eye when they climbed in the car and started playing with her. She would normally have a little stranger anxiety, but didn't.

My mom came down last Monday and the poor thing got the stomach bug on Wednesday morning. She she was out of commission all of Wednesday and most of Thursday. My dad came in Thursday night and we enjoyed a nice BBQ dinner at our favorite place, Jim-n-Nick's. As soon as my dad's flight landed, the weather in B'ham turned absolutely gorgeous (thanks, dad!). Friday we enjoyed the weather by shopping at The Summit (outdoor mall) and eating lunch outside at California Pizza Kitchen. Later dad and I went on a long run (we're doing the half-marathon together in April). Then we enjoyed a dinner on the patio at an Italian Cafe. Very enjoyable.

Saturday, we took Caroline to the park for a long walk and to swing. We then enjoyed some lunch and shopping before my parents headed to the airport. My mom called me Sunday morning to say that dad now has the stomach bug. SORRY, DAD!!! I promise our house was scrubbed from top to bottom. It must have been lingering on one of us??

I'm glad they were able to make the trip. Eric and I had to spend the majority of today un-spoiling our child, though. Apparently she thought it was okay to rip my glasses off my face and throw them ("But Papa let me."). She also didn't understand why someone wasn't on the floor playing with her every-single-minute-of-the-day, so she tended to cry a lot today and fussed about playing alone. Daycare tomorrow might be tough!

Spring break was absolutely wonderful. Back to work tomorrow. I am actually very ready to go back to 2nd grade! I miss my students and co-workers! Although, 9 more weeks 'til summer vacation!
I'll upload pictures tomorrow b/c my camera batteries are toast. I think there's some great pics on my camera of my parents with Caroline Anne.

No comments: