Caroline started Infant 2 today at daycare. I admit that I was a nervous wreck about it. Why? I really have no idea. I think the main reason is that I was concerned about her not knowing the teachers, environment, schedule, classroom, etc.
I dropped her off at 7am this morning and left a crying/squealing baby who desperately wanted her mommy to take her back home. Needless to say, this absolutely broke my heart. Momma really wanted to take her back home, too. Then, I cried all the way to work. No joke. Ask Eric. He talked to me on the phone.
I called to check on her at 9am and they said she was fine. She just ate breakfast and was playing with other babies. Sigh of relief.
I picked her up after school and she had on a pink&red polka dot shirt, zebra print pants, blue socks, had applesauce all in her hair, snot dripping down her face, and had tears in her eyes. She took a nap from 9:00-9:08am. Really? Poor thing. She survived her first day in Infant 2.
I know, I know. She will get used to the schedule and will actually fall asleep in there. I think she's too nosy to lay down and sleep. I do feel bad b/c I think Caroline was crying and keeping other babies awake. She's not used to getting put in the crib at daycare to sleep. She does it at home perfectly, but not at school.
We got home, changed the lovely outfit, and played with the dogs. Life is good. Now.
Don't get me wrong. I really, really do like the daycare. I have just come to realize that nobody can take care of our precious baby like we can. At the end of the day, I'm thrilled to see my baby and treasure every moment! Speaking of...better get back to her now! :o)
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there! Daycare is so tough as we know, but she's getting great stimulation for sure. She'll settle into her new routine soon. Love all the pics... Remington has the same jumperoo and he loves it!Can't wait to see a video of Caroline crawling soon.
Post a Comment