Friday, January 8, 2010

8 Months, Teeth, Snow? and Championship....

All in one week!  Lots to report from this one week.

First, Caroline turned 8 months old on Tuesday. We can hardly believe it. What I really couldn't believe was how nearly impossible it was to get a good 8 month picture of her. What you see is what we get!

Thought about smiling until she saw the paper.


I gave in and just let her hold it.

Alright, Caroline, just eat it. For 9 months, I'll tape it above her head!


Second, TEETH! Caroline's very first tooth came in on her 8 month birthday while she was at daycare. Mommy and Daddy can't say we were too sad to miss out on that since the daycare teachers said she was fussy and crying all day...poor baby! Then at about 4am, the other one came through. They're not real visible, but if you look in there you can see them and feel them. Her Grandpa Wigton called to check on his youngest dental patient.

Third, SNOW!?!? All week the news had been talking about this big snow storm coming on Thursday. Therefore, all the grocery stores were selling out of the staples of milk and bread!?! On Wednesday afternoon almost all the school districts had already called off (except Mt. Brook). I think it's ridiculous b/c there wasn't any snow whatsoever. They jumped the gun on calling them off. So, daycare was closed, but I had to go to work on Thursday. THANK YOU LORD for my dear friend Amanda for keeping Caroline on Thursday. Mt. Brook did let us out at 11:30 to get home before the "bad weather" started. Let me tell ya'll that it flurried a little bit! My students were talking about how they were leaving school to go "sledding, build snow men, throw snowballs, etc". I didn't have the heart to burst their bubbles by telling them there was absolutely no snow on the ground. I'm sure those little sweeties figured it out when they got home! So, the point of this rambling story is I got a half day off work and NO snow like they predicted.

Fourth, we had our neighbors over to watch the BCS last night!!!! Alabama vs. Texas. Alabama won the championship game!!! I know this state will be on cloud 9 for a very long time!! Eric and I kind of jumped on the Alabama fan bandwagon when we moved down here b/c we never really had a great college team to follow (sorry, dad w....i forgot about IL). Well, we chose a good team to follow! It was an exciting game!

School is starting 2 hours late today (not sure why??), but I finally had time to update this blog. Sorry for all the rambling, but this was easier than putting 4 different posts!

No comments: