Friday, August 7, 2009

Daycare

One day last week I took Caroline up to daycare just to meet her "teachers". Well one of the sweet teachers asked if they could hold Caroline. I thought that was very sweet. Well, as I handed her over I started crying...really hard. I just wasn't ready to do that. Caroline left with me and I sobbed all the way home. I knew that taking Caroline to daycare was going to be REALLY hard, but I just wasn't prepared.

Yesterday I took Caroline to daycare just so I could go grocery shopping. I thought this was a good way to ease my way into it. Well, I left her with the sweet girls at daycare and made it all the way to Walmart w/o crying. THEN, I sobbed down the soda aisle. I missed her like crazy and raced my way through Walmart. She was only at daycare for 50 minutes yesterday.

This morning I took her there and laid her down on a boppy pillow and she was just smiling and laughing at me. Tears rolled down my cheek as I left, but I knew I'd only be gone a couple hours. I went to my classroom to work for a whlie. I picked her up exactly 3 hours later and she was being rocked by one of the teachers. She smiled really big when I bent over to pick her up. That made my day!!

So to all of you ladies who are getting ready to do the same thing...it's HARD, but I think with time we will get used to it. I know Caroline is in good, experienced hands. I will just miss her like crazy!!

She will start full time on Monday. Say some prayers for me ( i know she will be fine!).

1 comment:

Ashley and Worth said...

I heard that Caroline was in Infant 1 yesterday! I didn't know she was starting already, but now I see you were prepping yourself! That is a good idea! You will be fine. It will take a couple of weeks, but once you get into the swing of things it gets so much easier! I will look for you Monday morning! Ellie will come greet Caroline!