Eric and I were fortunate enough to be able to have Caroline baptized at Zion Lutheran, the church that I grew up in. We were very pleased that Pastor Mark was able to do it. He married Eric and I five years ago! We had six sponsors stand up with us during the baptism--Courtney & Robert, Kaci & Mark, and Kraig & Michelle. We are very blessed to have such amazing siblings, all of whom we would trust to raise Caroline in a Christian home. We had two pews full of people there to support Caroline!
During church we sang my FAVORITE childhood song. It is called "They'll know We are Christians By Our Love". I thought it was an appropriate song as we were dedicating our child to the Lord.
After church, The Wigtons had a luncheon for their family to honor Caroline. We were so happy that Great Grandma Davis and Great Grandpa Wigton were able to come meet Caroline. Also, Caroline got to meet her Great Aunt Carla, Great Uncle Dan, and Great Aunt Joanie.
Enjoy the slideshow of the Baptism (you can click on the album to view them individually):
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment