Friday, March 15, 2013

Two!

Two years ago at this time we lived in Birmingham, AL where the weather was so warm (i'm grieving the loss of the pretty weather. surely it will get pretty here soon. right?). I gave birth to a handsome little 8 lb. 3 oz baby boy on March 16th who forever has changed our lives. His intense reflux and sleepless nights still haunt me...hence the reason for no #3.

Cole is around 25 pounds...fairly thin. We go to the doctor on Tuesday for his 2 year check-up.

His vocabulary amazes us at 24 months...just 2 years old. He can say any word. He uses sentences to talk to us. His most frequent sentence is "I wanna watch big bird, mommy". We think he is talking more than Caroline was at this age and she had a great vocabulary, too. We won't compare them, though. The biggest word I think he says regularly at the YMCA is "Theyre essercising" pointing to the people on treadmills. And he also will say "Sissy has gymnastics". He says it so clear! We were at Target the other day and he despises shopping carts, but pointed to the one w/ steering wheels and said, "I want that shopping buggy!". Haha. Caroline will forever call it a shopping buggy from our days in the South where "Shopping Carts" were foreign.

Cole is still a baby, though. He LOVES his blankie and pacifier and i'm not sure if he will go to Kindergarten without his blanket. We're hoping to break the paci habit soon, but maybe after our vacation in May (okay, Eric?!?)

Cole is an awesome eater and eats 3 full meals with snacks in between. He is very good about making a "happy plate" and usually will eat whatever I cook. Caroline, not so much. She often tells me to "NEVER make that again."

He does not like when I sing to him. Makes me sad. Anyone else can sing to him, but not me. Obviously I'm not very good. Caroline still loves when I sing to her and Cole cries and says, "Stop, Mommy. No"

At two, Cole's favorite:
breakfast: oatmeal and french toast sticks
food: pizza and ketchup
snack: he will eat any snack!! not picky
toy: doesn't have one in particular, but loves to play with his dump trucks, the kitchen, and his ride-on Buzz Lightyear power wheels. He also loves to play "grocery store" with caroline. THey pull all the food out of our pantry (awesome) and drag it into the living room.
movie: Follow That Bird (big bird) or Toy Story
tv: we don't watch tv shows. we will occasionally watch Dora "on demand".
object: blankie and paci
activity: jumping on trampoline (we have one in the basement and he goes to tumbling classes at the YMCA.)

Cole LOVES his "Sissy" and they play pretty well together (75% of the time). He's a HUGE Momma's Boy and needs to know where I am at ALL the time.

I registered Cole for preschool for Fall! He will go two full days a week!! It will be so good for him. Caroline will go Tues, Wed, Thur and Cole will go Tues, Thur. I went last week for the open house/registration and was in LOVE with their new preschool. I wasn't crazy about Caroline's this year, so I am very anxious for them to start at the new one!

Cole didn't get a 1st Birthday party because we didn't have many friends left in  Birmingham, our house was on the market, and family couldn't come; so he will have an awesome 2nd birthday party--Easter themed!! I will post pictures of his party later this weekend. But, for now... here are a few of the 2 year old this week:
"What? This isn't normal?"

Didn't get those baby blue eyes from his Momma!!

Gymnastics class!! Cole has made some little friends at the YMCA!

The Y has something called "Tot Skate" where they open up the skating rink to toddlers with bikes, push toys, ride-on toys, etc. We brought  Cole's lawn mower and Caroline's scooter. They took turns riding it all over.

Not the best quality pic, but happy in the foam blocks!

He is a huge Momma's boy, but around 7pm he clings to his daddy like a leech.

On Thursday I HAD to get my oil changed before my car would suddently broke down on the side of the road...so we dropped Caro off at preschool and went to Meineke. I had a bag full of randomness to occupy Cole. But look what they had?? Choo Choo trains!!! I will return here for sure!!



While Caroline was in tap class last night we watched a hockey team practice on the rink.
*Caroline wants to now take roller skating lessons. Her extracurricular activities may bankrupt us.


No comments: