Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stay At Home Mommy!!!

As of last Friday, I'm officially a Stay-at-home-Momma! Well, until August at least. I've enjoyed this week off. A lot!! I've still been bringing Caroline to daycare each day, at least for several hours. She absolutely loves daycare and it's good for her. It's been good for mommy, too! I've had more energy to go walking and get a lot of errands taken care of.

It's hard to believe Caroline is 22 months old and Cole will be here at any moment.

Caroline is at such a fun age. I know I say that a lot. For a little bit (around 20-21 months), she was starting to throw lots of tantrums that were getting pretty old, but for some reason those have been minimal lately.

Her favorite activities include: covering the dogs up with all of her clothes out of her dresser, playing with all of her stuffed animals and babies and covering them up and telling them "night night". She loves giving hugs and kisses. When she gives hugs, her daddy taught her to say "awwwww".  She loves, LOVES being outside and playing on her playset, walking her baby in her stroller, or being pushed in the big stroller. She has really gotten into dancing lately to music. One thing she has been doing, which I'm not sure we should be so proud of, is to undress herself. Frequently. She points to my belly and says "bubba" or "baby", but we don't think she quite understands that a real live baby is soon going to be coming home...her home! She is sooo full of life and energy and we love every second of it.

She still eats pretty well and has become obsessed with peanut butter. She eats it by the spoonful. Luckily we've found some little packets, so she can't eat the whole container of it. She loves her "nacks" (goldfish, teddy grahams, craisins, blueberries, etc.). She has started trying to climb out of her high chair, so it looks like we need to start using a booster seat at the table. She is still very, very obsessed with her "Jesus" movies (The Cedarmont Kids). It's the ONLY thing on tv she will watch. Which is okay. Now that we have a DVD player in the car, she wants to watch Jesus every single time we're in the car. Which is not okay. She continues to love her school teachers and does so well there. She will continue through March and then I'll keep her home with me until August!! Lots of fun to be had soon (Zoo, Mommy & Me dance classes, play dates, etc!!).

Pictures to come soon. I packed the camera in the hospital bag, but since it looks like Cole isn't coming anytime soon, I'll pull it out and take some pics!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Can't wait to hear that Cole is here! Enjoy your time off before your hands are full!