There's been all kinds of surprises lately. Last weekend we hosted a 30th surprise party for our dear friend (and next door neighbor) Leah. We pulled a quick one over on her. She was clueless. I only took a couple of pictures, but had full intentions of taking a lot. We had a good time.
Last Tuesday my mom flew down to get some "Caroline Time". She stayed at our house, so C didn't have to go to daycare. I came home from work on Wednesday with the house spotless, dishes washed, and laundry washed, dried, and folded. I told her she could stay forever! They both had a great time hanging out together.
On Thursday, my sister Kaci, turned 30. On Friday, my mom, Caroline and I flew up to St. Louis. We had a surprise party for her that evening. She was very excited to have a party and I think she was super-excited to see Caroline and I! I spent the weekend hanging out with family, shopping, and having a great time. Eric stayed in Bham and relaxed.
Saturday we had a fun day of shopping, lunch, a gingerbread house party, and relaxing at The Wigtons. Oh, and Caroline met Santa Claus. The real deal! At Alton Square Mall. Imagine that. She didn't cry. She smiled like 9 times and the camera lady couldn't catch a single one on camera. C'mon lady, I paid $18 for this picture, I want one with a smile. Well, we settled for one, but it wasn't as cute as it should have been. Caroline did have her sweet little hand wrapped around Santa's finger. Pretty cute.
Today, I had to fly back to Birmingham with Caroline all by MYSELF. This was her 6th flight, but I hadn't had to do it alone before. Luckily, I could pull the stroller up to the gate and they took it from me. The second we got on the plane, I gave her a bottle and prayed quietly that she'd fall asleep! LUCKILY, nobody sat next to us!!! That always stresses us out when someone sits next to us b/c we're always afraid we're going to annoy that person with a fussy baby. However, Caroline immediately snuggled up on my lap and slept the ENTIRE flight!!!! I couldn't have been happier. I was bored to tears b/c I couldn't do anything w/o waking her up. At least it was only a 65 minute flight!
We're home...and tired!
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment