Friday, November 7, 2008

TGIF!

TGIF! Well, for me anyway. Eric is on call tonight and then again on Sunday. Eric is getting all of his November calls out of the way b/c he is off the last 11 days in November. He is ready for a much needed vacation. We are both ready to go up to IL for Thanksgiving. We can't wait to see our family and friends back home. We haven't seen our families since August 3rd (except for my Mom who came for a visit in October.)

Things have been going great. I definitely seem to have my appetite back which is good. A few things that I enjoyed before don't even sound good to me anymore...like chocolate and cookie cake!! I have been eating A LOT of apples, which is a good thing I guess. I definitely feel my stomach starting to poke out (more and more each day). If people didn't know I was pregnant they'd probably think I just had a beer belly.

It seems that we have a lot of friends that are having babies this Spring. There are 4 teachers that I work with having babies in the month of April and May. I have several friends through my medical organization (resident's wives club) that are having their babies in March, May, and June. We're going to have some fun nights out together...a.k.a. play dates. Also we have some good friends in Bethalto that are due a couple weeks after us. It must be our age or we're all drinking the same water!

We are glad the election is over. We were both a little tired of all the politics.

As for the weekend, I think Eric will spend all day tomorrow playing Gears of War 2, his new xbox game that came out today. I am going downtown with Emily and Nicole to Christmas Village (arts and crafts festival). Next weekend my college roommate, Beth, is coming down to stay with us for the weekend. I am excited to see her. She lives in Memphis. It's been a while since I last saw her, so we'll have a lot of catching up to do.

Oh and I'm 12 weeks along tomorrow. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this will start my 2nd trimester. This must be why I'm finally feeling better!! I got over the hump. I have a lot of pregnancy books I need to start reading, so I will know exactly what is going on inside my body!

We'll blog soon!

1 comment:

Chris, Sarah, Kate, and Benjamin said...

Yea for having an appetite again! I can't believe how many of my Birmingham friends are prego. We need to get Nicole and Emily to start blogging. :) Enjoy this trimester...it really is fun. The last is fun too but involves more soreness.