Monday, October 13, 2008

My Mom's Visit to Birmingham...

We had a nice weekend visit with my mom. Since it's hunting season my dad decided to stay in IL to do some bow hunting. My mom flew in on Thursday night. She came to school with me on Friday. She ran my classroom all afternoon! It was great. She had several mini-units planned for the kids. She did a unit on hand-washing, flu season, nutrition, and taking care of their bodies. My class absolutely LOVED having her there. I'll post some pictures below of my students.

Friday after school my mom looked at a few daycares with me (apparently i should have been doing this weeks ago) and Friday night we tried a new restaurant at The Summit called "Sweet Bones Alabama". It was good. It's a lot like a Smokey Bones restaurant.

Saturday morning a group of friends and I (and my mom) walked in the Race for the Cure. We had a nice overcast morning, so it felt nice. Mom and I did some shopping in the afternoon. I then passed out for a couple hours, and we went out for dinner again! It was so much fun having my mom visit us.

Unfortunately she had to fly back home Sunday morning. I felt pretty good while she was here. I think she was my good luck charm, because as soon as she left I felt really sick again all day Sunday and Monday. I'll be glad when the morning...i mean all day sickness goes away!

Here are some pictures from our weekend:

These are the "bodies" that my students made out of brown grocery sacks. They have all the organs in there along with what they ate for lunch in their stomachs. Cute!!!
Me, Marion, Adair, Laura, Nicole, Leah, Lissette, and Emily--Race for the Cure

My mom wanted a picture with my belly.


Grandma is getting some lovin' from our babies.

2 comments:

The Laney Family said...

cute new blog! can't wait to see all the baby updates! See you soon! Hope you are feeling good!

Chris, Sarah, Kate, and Benjamin said...

I like your baby countdown!