Sunday, September 14, 2008

Roll Tide, Roll!!

On Saturday Eric and I made the "quick" drive down to Tuscaloosa to tailgate with friends and watch the Alabama game. I say "quick" because it was only supposed to take 40 minutes to ge there. However, an hour later we still had 35 miles to go. Apparently a tractor trailer was lying across all three lanes of traffic a ways up. The interstate ended up shutting down. Praise the Lord for our GPS that navigated us off the interstate and through some country roads.

We arrived in Tuscaloosa and walked a couple miles down University Blvd. to meet some of our friends at a frat house to tailgate. I will post some pics of the tailgating. It was really cool, because there were huge tents set up with flat screen TV's and surround sound, so we could watch other games on TV. Before the game we hung out with some friends, went to a legendary bar, and then went back to tailgate.

The Bryant-Denny stadium is pretty impressive. It holds 90,000 people. Busch holds 45,000. The stadium really didn't feel that much bigger than Busch Stadium. But, Eric and I noticed that we were literally sitting right on top of each other. It was bleachers, and we didn't get our own chair.

Our seats were really good. It was on one of the end zones. We got our tickets from a man in Bethalto that has season tickets. All the fans were wild, even though it wasn't even a conference game.

I understand football, or so i thought. Eric gave me a play by play of the entire first quarter, and then quizzed me through the second quarter. I think I understand football now, really. We had a great time, and Alabama beat Western Kentucky 41-7.

Eric and I left the game during the 4th quarter and went to Jimmy John's. This is my favorite sandwich place. They don't have them in Birmingham, so I was quite excited. Eric despises Jimmy Johns, so he went without!

We made it home safe and sound. Enjoy the video of pictures.





1 comment:

Merrica and Jonathan said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! We haven't yet had the chance to tailgate here, but it looks like fun. Miss you both!