Friday, July 12, 2013

Stay At Home Mom

When Eric gets home from work each day, he often asks, "What did you do today?" I often respond with, "We went to the Y, had a playdate, and played outside." And he smiles and thinks I lead a pretty awesome life.

Yes, I do. While I do think it can be challenging being "home" ALL the time with my kids, I can't complain one bit. So this post is about all the fun we have, because who wants to read about the daily tantrums and fights? I'll save that for another post.

My day started around 2:38am when Cole walked into our room and stared at me at the edge of my bed where I quickly had to decide if it was a killer or a child 6 inches away from my face. I promptly took him back to bed and enjoyed a few more hours of sleep.

Then around 6:03am Cole climbed in our bed and Caroline came trailing in around 6:06am. THIS IS EARLY for my children. But since switching Cole to a toddler bed, he has been up with the sun each day. Cole will NOT let you just lay in bed while he's awake so he'll let me know that he is starving and cannot wait one more second to eat his breakfast. So, I turn on the Keurig and make their breakfast.

Around 8 we get dressed for the day and head to the YMCA where Mommy not only gets a good workout in, I get some peace and quiet for a solid hour while the kids have a blast in the amazing play room with $1/hour babysitting!


We then typically head home or go on a play date. Today, we did not have a playdate and I had some serious Kohls Cash, Coupons, and Rewards to go spend, so we headed to Kohl's. I'm pretty sure Eric thinks I got my Master's Degree in SM (Spending Money). I didn't, but could definitely teach a couple courses on how to do so.
She wanted a Belle Barbie Doll from Kohls that was like $14, but settled on Tinkerbell Panties that she needed anyway. She thinks they're the greatest things ever and asked me to put her name on all of them with my sewing machine. HA. 

We then went to Dierbergs to pick up a couple things and they are fully entertained for 20 minutes "Driving" the shopping buggy. Or "Shopping Bug" as Caroline and Cole both call it.

Then we head home to have lunch and play outside. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE our backyard? It's not huge by any means, but it's like a little park back there. Very private and peaceful.



Seriously, we have our own park in our yard and I am so THANKFUL!  We spend a lot of time on this fabulous playset! And it's ALWAYS in the shade. Perfect.
 
 
We then ate lunch on the deck and rode the dune racer around the street for a while until we've had enough outdoor fun for a while.
 
We then made some cookie dough where I kept catching Caroline eating it. Yum!!

And the rest of our day involves snacks, a TV show, Playing dressup Princesses, fighting with our brother/sister, and "helping" Mommy prepare dinner. The most exciting part of our day is when Daddy gets home from work!






Evenings are a little rougher. The kids get cranky and it starts to go downhill from there.

But, this is a typical day for us usually involving friends. AND always including swinging...


Love our family and am very thankful I'm able to stay at home with them, but cannot wait until the Tuesday after Labor Day when they start Pre-School. :o) 



1 comment:

hughesfamily said...

I love hearing about people's daily lives. Very fun.

Please tell me you obliged that girl and put her name on her panties. Is that even possible? She is precious.