Friday, November 2, 2012

Momma Drama

I have two very different stories to tell about each child, but both stories can have the title, "Momma Drama".

Let's start with Cole. Let me preface this story that my little man is the sweetest,  most precious thing on Earth. Seriously. HOWEVER, the little man is the most high maintenance child! He is 200% MOMMA's BOY! When he waked up in the morning, he will not let me  put him down. I make his breakfast & chocolate milk while holding him and he will not sit down to eat until he's had his first bite. He clings to me like a little monkey. After I hand feed him for a minute, he will usually sit down and eat by himself. After nap, same thing; clings to me for 15-30 minutes. At dinnertime, of course, right when I am cooking dinner, he HAS to be held and I cannot put him down. Nobody else will suffice. It has to be Mommy holding him. If I leave to go the garage to get something, he is freaking out at the door. If I take the dogs outside, he is screaming at the door for me. I must be in sight at all times. Yes, I probably spoil him. But, he's only a baby once (well has been for 19 months and probably will be for another year).
Seriously! I put him down for 1.9 seconds and this is how he reacts.


Now onto Caroline. I'm sure it's fairly normal for a 3.5 year old to want to be a Mommy. Caroline, however, tells me multiple times a day that she really wants to be a mommy. We all know her beloved "daughter", Amy. Caroline still rocks her, swaddles her, pats her back, feeds her, carries her in a bag around the house, and tries to keep the house quiet while Amy is sleeping. Last weekend, she got to go visit her new cousin, Madelyn, which is what I think has prompted her eagerness to be a Mommy this week. Today it went to a whole new level. She told me first thing this morning that Amy was "boring" out of her belly (born). I said, "oh really?". She said, "Yes, I pushed her out. She was in belly a really long time." Of course, I'm cracking up. Well this afternoon she came into the room with something clearly shoved up inside her dress. She said she was about to "boring" a baby. She laid on the floor, made a noise, and out popped Cinderella fully clothed in a fancy dress. Caroline proceeded to swaddle her, carry her around for HOURS, give her a bottle, burp her, etc.
I was dying laughing. I had to leave the room. She is too much!!

No picture on the "birth of cinderella". I'll try to stop laughing next time to take a picture.

No comments: