Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Life Lately...

I feel like I post pictures occasionally, but never really chat about what's been going on in our lives. Here it goes...

Eric is getting much busier at work and is now performing LASIK surgery. He passed his last board exam and is now a board certified ophthalmologist. Yay! We celebrated our 8 year anniversary yesterday. It just keeps getting better & better!

We celebrated Thanksgiving in Kansas City with Robert, Courtney, & Madelyn and Greg & Cyndy. It was so much fun to hold a sweet little baby girl!! Courtney is an amazing Mommy to her and she is so loved! Can't wait til Christmas! Cole and Caroline had a blast playing in a new environment and hitting their local park. I had a great time shopping with Courtney and Cyndy. I got a lot of our Christmas shopping done!

I continue to be super busy with my Ladybugs & Elephants monogramming business. I really enjoy it and have had tons of Christmas shirt orders! You can check out my blog for that here. I am LOVING staying home with the kids. We seem to have some sort of activity to do everyday. I think this little side business has given me something else to do besides just "stay home".

Cole is 20 months old and I can't believe I'll be planning a birthday party soon! He loves his big sister, but doesn't take her bullying (yes, she's a bully). He loves trains, playing kitchen/grocery store, cars, and The Polar Express. Both kids love going to the library and picking out new books.

Caroline is 3.5 and getting very smart. She's a fiesty little thing. Her favorite activity is playing grocery store out of our pantry. They both push the shopping cart in there and load it up with our food. And then dumps it all in our living room for Mommy to later clean up. Her (and Cole's) favorite movie is the polar express. They're obsessed. She is also very into Dora and Barbie. There are several Barbie movies that we get at the library or Redbox and she is fascinated. She goes to school twice a week and does well. Her teacher told me that she is very quiet and doesn't always want to participate. She is very bashful and I pray she outgrows her shyness.

On Thanksgiving Day we got the news that a good friend passed away. Ashley Brown was my neighbor growing up and I babysat her for 8 or 9 years along with her two brothers. She battled Leukemia THREE times in her life. This last time she beat it and then had a Bone Marrow Transplant. She had some major side effects from the Transplant that ultimately took her life. I'm heartbroken along with the entire town of Bethalto and many other communities. Such an amazing young girl. Her family could use some extra prayers.

We seem to be incredibly busy, but life is good. We are blessed beyond measure and have learned to not take life for granted.



Coordinating shirts! :o)








PRECIOUS!

No comments: